How to start an Amazon author page
You may have considered this in the past and found it quite hard to find the right place to start. We’ve found that you need to do go to the Amazon.com site (not Amazon.com.au) and there are two steps:
- Open an Amazon Author Central account
- Create your Amazon.com Author page.
Why should you start an Amazon author page?
Anything authors can do to promote their books and find fans of their work will help their profile, increase their community and sell more books.
If you have an author page, when someone visits Amazon.com and finds your book, they can click on your name and this brings up your author page. Your author page will detail all your books (if you have written more than one) and also your ebook.
Remember all Major Street books are published as ebooks.
On your author page, you can include:
- Your bio
- Links to your blog
- A video
- News of any events you are holding or attending.
You can update your page as often as you like.
People interested in your work can even 'follow' you on Amazon. Hopefully you will find fans and increase your community of followers.
6 Steps to creating your author page
Here are the steps to follow to create your Amazon author page.
- First you need to create your Amazon author central account. On this page there is a ‘New to Author Central?’ button on the right and you click on ‘Join Now'.
- Accept the terms and conditions, then enter the name you wrote your book under. Amazon will search for all books written under this name including Kindle ebooks. Scroll and find one of your books and click ‘this is me’ on the author name.
- Amazon will send you a confirmation email to finish creating your account. They may contact your publisher to verify your identity and this could take 3 to 7 days.
- Don’t wait, in the meantime you can click the ‘Go to author central’ button and start to create your author page.
- You can add photos, video, books, events, blogs and update your page with subsequent books in the future.
- Drill down and add particular information for each one of your books – including reviews.
You might find this YouTube video by Kindlepreneur really helpful to watch after reading this blog.
Who’s already started an Amazon author page?
Rob said that Amazon were very responsive when he ran into trouble, responding to his queries within four or five hours.
Have a go and good luck!